Rules of Hindu Mandir Association of Qld Inc.
The name of the incorporated association shall be Hindu Mandir Association of Queensland Inc. (in these Rules called “the Association”)
The objects for which the Association is established are:
(1A) To develop the land of the Association situated at 1173 Mt Cotton Road, Burbank, Brisbane, in the state of Queensland by constructing a thereon a Hindu place of learning and worship, including Mandir, School, Hall and other adjunct facilities.
(1) To preserve and foster the Hindu way of life, philosophy and practices.
(2) To provide facilities for the promotion and understanding of Hinduism ( which term includes, without limiting its meaning in any way whatsoever, the practice, function and performance of the Hindu religion, faith and practice of or for the Hindu society).
(3) Establish an Educational Foundation for the teaching of Hindu Philosophy, Culture, Indian languages and other related subjects not taught in the normal school curriculum.
(4) To establish such other foundations providing for charity, social welfare, etc as the General Meeting in its sole discretion thinks fit.
(5) To promote an understanding of the religious and philosophical traditions of Hinduism.
(6) To provide and maintain a library on the religious, philosophical and cultural aspects of Hinduism.
(7) To promote and engage in any other activity for charitable purposes.
(8) To promote mutual co-operation, tolerance, and understanding amongst various religions.
The powers of the Association are:
(1) To take over the funds and other assets and the liabilities of the present unincorporated association known as Hindu Religion and Mandir Association.
(2) To subscribe to, become a member of and co-operate with any other association, club or organization, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of the Association provided that the Association shall no subscribe to or support with its funds any club, association or organization which does not prohibit the distribution of its income and property among its members to an extent at least as great as that imposed on the Association under or by virtue of rule 28 (10).