Shree Laxmi Narayan Mandir
Temple General Rules
1. You are welcome in the temple as in your home, RESPECT IT as such.
2. It would be appreciated if all devotees dress in an appropriate manner. We encourage you to wear Indian clothing whilst visiting the temple.
3. Whilst a pravachan is in progress please refrain from engaging in acts that may distract the concentration of other devotees. For example: no ringing of bells or coming to alter. If you wish to do these acts please wait until the pravachan is finished or come prior to the start of the pravachan.
4. Please maintain silence in and around the temple when a pravachan is in progress so that other devotees are not disturbed.
5. No food or drink shall be taken or consumed inside the temple except charnamrit served inside the temple.
6. Please turn your mobile phones off or put on silent while inside the temple.
7. No inappropriate or loud music shall be played at the temple.
8. Remove your shoes and leave on shoe racks at the temple entrance.
9. All food served at the temple shall be saatvick (vegetarian with no garlic and onions). Only food prepared at the temple shall be served at the temple, except where prior approval has been obtained from the management.
10. Smoking or consumption of alcohol at the temple complex or coming to the temple intoxicated is prohibited.
11. Please refrain from use of language that may be deemed to be abusive or offensive.
12. Conduct in and around the temple conforming to the purity of the temple should be preserved at all times.
13. No posters, announcements or advertisements shall be placed or displayed without prior permission from the management.
14. Parents shall supervise children at all times and ensure that children do not cause any disturbance or damage to the premises.
15. Please dispose off any rubbish in the rubbish bins provided.
16. As the temple belongs to all devotees, please provide as much service to the temple possible. Your service (sewa) may be in the form of helping in the clean up after meals, cleaning in and around the temple etc.
17. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please put them in writing in the suggestion box provided or alternatively send your correspondence addressed to the Secretary.
18. The devotee who has booked an event in the temple shall be solely and fully responsible for all actions, behaviour and conduct of all their guests and invited visitors at the temple premises.
19. The devotee who books the temple for an event is required to properly clean the temple carpet, kitchen, dining area, the refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, sinks, benchtops and all pots and utensils used at the function.
20. Although the management committee will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all visitors and devotees, all users must assume the full responsibility of their actions and conduct whilst at the temple premises. The management or the Association will not under any circumstance whatsoever be responsible or liable for any injury or damage caused to or suffered by anyone or their property at any time whilst at or around the temple’s premises.
For further details contact the President or the Secretary
Authorised by the Management Committee, Hindu Mandir Association of Qld Inc.
16th August 2010